BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Krabi-Day 2

Day 2 in Krabi

We have booked a joined tour to Phi Phi Island by speedboat. Had our breakfast in resort and started out at 8.30am. The tour was quite a big group with around 35 persons. We gathered at another beach (which I forgot its name) and started out at 9plus.

4 of us got sun burn at different parts of body after first day so we were kinda phobia to get it again. This leads to the constant reapplication of sun blocks which other tourists found us weird (can sense from their look).

I did not check on the time during the tour. We took maybe around  30 minutes to reach Bamboo Island where we were allocated 30 minutes to snorkel there. Bamboo island is a snorkeling hot spot but I didn't manage to see many things compared with my other 2 friends as I was keeping myself near to the shore with another friend. Bamboo Island definitely offers more things to view underwater when compared to the snorkeling session of our first day.

After Bamboo Island, we went to Marina Bay where the sea water was crystal clear and the beach was crowded by tourist. Photo session here and some soak-in-sea moments and we were off to Phi Phi Island to have our buffet lunch and then shopping for souvenirs. Honestly the island is very commercialized due to the mass tourists visiting here. Beach was okay but the view was not as beautiful as I have expected. Maybe it was due to the side where the speedboat stopped. If it were to compared with Marina Bay, I would say that Marina Bay is more breathtaking with its really sandy beach. Perhaps it was because we didn't really got to the "real beach" which was crowded by many people as mentioned by reviews in Trip Advisor. (Yes I relied it a lot on planning trips and do recommend to others as it is very useful with people sharing their first-hand experiences)



Viking Cave


Marina Bay



Phi Phi is famous as a snorkeling and diving spot. Although the beach is not as nice as other islands, the snorkeling session here did offer more. We had 2 open-sea snorkeling and I did not stay long for the first one due to the insecurity gained from my life jacket. The buckle underneath which secured the life jacket from floating upwards of me suddenly opened up itself and it did cause me panic as I don't know how to swim (Yes I don't know how to swim but I go for snorkeling!). I manage to buckle it back but somehow I felt insecure after that.


Sea view from Phi Phi Island


Open sea snorkeling




2nd open sea snorkeling, and also our last chance to snorkel was allocated for us for 40 minutes and this time I stayed for the longest compared with my other friends. Tried my best to view as much as possible together with the constant fear with me. Views underwater were beautiful.

It was a long day for us but this was not the end of our day 2 (definitely not for me)

Went back resort to get ourselves ready for dinner which was included in our resort- stay. Dinner was tasty and tom yam was the highlight. I could not bear with the spiciness but my friends love it. We headed to Ao Nang again after dinner and walked through the street to get souvenirs. Pre-booking for massage on day 3 was made and we were glad that there were still slots available. It started to drizzle after that but me and another friend were quite reluctant to go back. We went to a bar with live band instead and the music was good. What spoiled our mood was the smoking there which caused my friend to storm out from the bar as she was unable to bear with the heavy smoke. How I wish they don't smoke and just enjoy the music and alcohols.

Surprisingly I wasn't that tired as I have expected on day 2. Another 2 friends reached their limits and we ordered Tuk-tuk to go back resort after that.



0 comments: